Car Rental Information- Frequently Asked Questions
Only employees of the University can rent a car in Canada and/or continental USA and be covered by the University's insurance. Car rentals outside of Canada and continental USA (Europe, South America, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia as examples) are not covered and you are required to purchase insurance on the rental.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental have been selected to provide vehicle rental services to ISI and its member institutions. Travellers can take advantage of discounted pricing and additional benefits when renting for business and leisure use through February 15, 2020.
Benefits of renting with Enterprise & National
- 68 Atlantic Canada locations to serve you
- Use the same Account Number for both business and leisure rentals at either brand
- Pick-up is free at Enterprise
- Vehicle delivery available (24 hours’ notice within 25 km radius)
- $50 one-way fee between all off-airport locations in Atlantic Canada will be waived. A $50 one-way fee shall continue to be applied for any airport one-way transportations in Atlantic Canada
- Expedited airport transactions
- Winter tires available upon request ($6 per day in Atlantic Canada with 48 hours’ notice)
- Mobile apps assist with booking reservations and tracking points
- Complimentary membership in National’s award-winning Emerald Club®
- Most locations are open Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Emerald Club – Rewards Program
Emerald Club members will earn rewards when renting at Enterprise and National worldwide. Members alsoreceive additional service benefits when renting at select National airport locations, such as:
- Faster reservations and quicker rentals
- Member discounts
- Personal profiles saved in your account
- Earn free rental day credits to be used at National Car Rental
- Reserve a midsize vehicle and choose any vehicle on the Emerald Aisle for the same midsize price
A Rental Car FAQs document has been prepared to answer the most common questions asked when considering renting a car for conducting business on behalf of the University.
Once you have read the FAQ document, if you have additional questions not answered, or have questions about the implications of an activity or situation in which your rented car is involved, please contact Tracey Randem in the Financial Services Director's Office (902-420-5464).